Smack dab in the middle of RR 337, one of Texas' most scenic roadways, Vanderpool lies 20 miles west of Medina and 15 miles east of Leakey. Because of it's steep grades and winding two lane roads, Vanderpool is popular with motorcyclists, car clubs and nature tourists.
- Lost Maples State Natural Area - Lost Maples State Natural Area covers 2174.2 scenic acres in Bandera and Real Counties, north of Vanderpool on the Sabinal River. Acquired by purchase from private owners in 1973 -1974, the site was opened to the public on September 1, 1979. The annual visitation is approximately 200,000 visitors. Known for it's magnificent fall foliage, it's a spectacular place to visit any time of year. www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/lost-maples
- Lost Maples Country Store - Locally owned convenience store offering basic items and gasoline.
- Lone Star Motorcycle Museum - The museum is located on Hwy 187 and displays a wonderful collection of machines from around the world dating from the 1910's to modern.
- Lost Maples Winery at Polvadeau Vineyards - Boutique winery offering a selection of fine red and white wines produced on-site. Visit their web site for tasting room hours www.lostmapleswinery.com
Your Texas Hill Country Paradise is only a short drive from The Lodges at Lost Maples. For a small community of 227 Utopia has some of the best dining and shopping options in the area as well as a 9 hole golf course which served as the inspiration for the movie "Seven Days in Utopia" starring Robert Duvall.
- The Lunch Box - Next to Utopia General Store on Main Street. Open 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. (830) 966-4030
- The Laurel Tree Guest Table Restaurant - Hwy 187, 2 miles south of Utopia. Only open on Saturdays, this restaurant offers a three course lunch and five course dinner. Perfect setting for a romantic dinner. Menu changes weekly. www.utopiagourmet.com
- Main Street Utopia - Right off on Main Street this quaint gift shop is so much more. Offering everything from European antiques, clothing and home decor to second time around treasures you'll be sure to find a treasure of your own to take home.
- Utopia Golf - One mile south of Utopia on Hwy 187. Nestled in the picturesque Sabinal Canyon, Utopia Golf is the most beautiful nine-hole golf course in Texas! Tee times are available, but not required. Come out and play a round or two, return to the simple pleasures of the game, and enjoy the scenic Texas Hill Country views. www.utopiagolf.com
You'll find so much to do in the Frio canyon! Only 11 miles from The Lodges at Lost Maples Leakey is the gateway to summer fun. From Leakey to Concan you'll enjoy river tubing, kayaking, shopping and horseback riding.
- Leakey Buckstop and Bear's Market Leakey & Concan Find everything you need in one stop! Specialty market with beer cave, wine, prepared foods, gifts, seasonal items, gasoline. www.bearsmarket.com 608 Hwy 83 S., (830)232-5559
- Bear's Den Wine, Beer & Grub Cozy spot to have a beverage and watch the game on big screen TVs. Located behind Bear's Market.
- Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop, Leakey www.friocanyonmotorcyclestop.biz
- Johnny's Happy Hollow, Leakey Tube Rentals & Shuttle, T-Shirts, Gifts (830) 232-5266
- Canyon Charm, Leakey Antiques, Gifts, Home Decor, Jewelry, Frio River Apparel & More 1034 U.S. Hwy 83 S. on the right-hand side
- Buckhorn Bar & Grill, Leakey www.buckhornbarngrill.com Big Screen TV, Live Music, Pool Tables
- Elm Creek Stables, Leakey Horseback Riding (830) 232-5365
- Josh's Frio River Outfitter, Leakey & Concan Tube & Kayak Rentals, Fishing Gear, T-Shirts, Gifts, Specialty Coffee, Gelato www.frioriveroutfitter.com
- Garner State Park Garner State Park has been a family tradition since it was established in 1941. Providing the unique nightly summer dance along with traditional camping and nature activities, it keeps families coming back year after year, making it the most visited overnight state park in Texas.
The “Cowboy Capital of the World”. Bandera is nestled in the Texas Hill Country, 45 miles from The Lodges. Stroll along Main Street, shop and dine at some of our favorite places:
- Mulberry’s Wine Bar Main Street and Mulberry. Paninni Sandwiches, cheese boards, international wines and local ales. 823 Main Street, Bandera. 830-796-9463
- Gunslinger 1107 Cypress St. (off Main St.). Cowboy couture and ranch furnishings. 830-796-7803
- Mac & Ernies Roadside Eatery FM 470, Tarpley. You never know what's on the menu at this quaint eatery. Cabrito burgers and fried catfish for lunch or steaks, quail, chicken and pork speciaties for dinner - Mac and Ernies is open Friday and Saturday for lunch and dinner and Sunday for breakfast and dinner. www.macandernies.com
- Desert Hearts Cowgirl Club Private 2 Hr. Horseback Ride @ Hill Country State Natural Area (830) 796-7001
- Massage Therapist Kelly Ludlow will come to your cabin! Call for details (210) 683-6951 and ask for Kelly.